Our policy for sustainable development
- Nikkelverk strives to be an industry leader in the areas of health, environment, safety, quality and energy.
- We will be good role models internally and externally, by having a transparent management and clear goals and values.
- We will continuously strengthen HMS as a fundament and be loyal to the four Nikkelverk Business System principles in our daily work.
- We will involve and develop our colleagues to create positive relationships, share knowledge, instil engagement and drive ownership of our goals, processes and quality of our working environment. Our employers and contractors are encouraged to pursue continuous improvements using their knowledge in the best possible way.
- Our operations are characterised by a strong belief that performing the right process gives the right result and that a documented best practice is necessary as a starting point for improvements.
- We will be a safe and desireable workplace where everyone finds pleasure and pride in their work, shows care, respect each other and where there is an absence of discrimination.
- We will always think safety first, and identify, evaluate and control risks in all our activities, and make sure we have a safe operation protecting humans, environment, society and assets.
- We will strive to pursue continuous improvements and contribute to a sustainable production. We will manage our resources in the best possible manner with the least impacts on the environment.
- We will actively make use of new technology and capitalize on the opportunities brought by increased digitalization.
- We will accept societal responsibility to solve common challenges and create a common reward. We will actively communicate with our stakeholders.
- We strive to understand the needs and demands of our customers, markets and stakeholders, and meet their expectations.